Saturday, December 1, 2007

THE JUICE: JACOBS & BECKHAM MAKE FASHION MAGIC.

THIS IS A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.

Marc Jacobs is one of my favorite designers. Victoria Beckham is one of my favorite fashionistas. So you can only imagine my uber excitement when I read with my two bugged out eyes that it was confirmed by Mr. Jacobs himself that these two amazingly fashion forward guru's were joining forces. Mrs. Beckham aka Posh Spice will be the lovely face of Marc's Spring 2008 Ad Campaigns. [ insert loud screams here ] I figured something had to be up - Mrs. Beckham was all over Marc's fashion week show back in September. I am so excited for this collabo. Victoria is so fierce with her fashion game. It's almost sickening. I just KNOW she rocked the AD's like only she could.

Marc on working with Victoria on the AD campaign photo shoot.

She was a great sport. She agreed to do something rough and tough and quite raw. It wasn’t days and days of hair and makeup.” Marc tells WWD that the campaign, shot by regular contributor Juergen Teller, depicts Victoria amid giant Marc Jacobs gift boxes and shopping bags, an allusion to the marketing of celebrities. Turns out that Posh was game for anything, no matter how offbeat the idea seemed. The designer says that his favorite images show Posh popping out of a box or with her head buried in a shopping bag. “She was like, ‘I totally get it and I’m totally into it,” Jacobs said. “She has an amazing sense of humor about herself….She just gave herself over to it.

Courtesy of WWD

No comments: