Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THE SCOOP: BRITISH FASHION AWARDS II

[ RED CARPET HITS & MISSES! ]

DESIGNER THREADS
Was the memo sent out for all the designers to wear black? But hey, you can never go wrong with black. Everyone looked great. Especially the men! I love that scarf look on a man. It's classic. (see: Giles Deacon). Tres chic.


Designer Giles Deacon. Last year's designer of the year & who designed Agyness Deyn & Lily Allen's dresses for the awards.

Winner of the Designer Brand of the Year award, Anya Hindmarch, with actress Emilia Fox.


Designer Lulu Guinness holding one of her iconic fan purses.

New Designer of the Year, Christopher Kane, with actress Margo Stilley.



Winner of the Menswear Designer of the Year Award, Christopher Bailey.

Designer Stella McCartney who received the award for Best Designer of the Year.

FASHION MISSES
I'm happy to report there weren't too many fashion mistakes on the red carpet. But for the few I did catch, I tried to look at these outfits as fair as I could with my fashion eye. But in the end, they just didn't do it for me! And yes even designers commit fashion no-no's from time to time. (see: Vivienne Westwood) What in the world?


Jasmine Guinness in a black corseted dress. I just couldn't get with this dress. The fabric perhaps?

Daisy Lowe wanted to make sure she stood out from the crowd in body art head-to-toe and a strapless prom dress. Didn't work too well for me.


Fashion icon and couture collector Daphne Guinness. I normally love her but last night just wasn't her night. What is that skirt made out of ?!

Vivienne Westwood, who won Outstanding Achievement In Fashion Design looked rather festive (for a lack of meaner words). Just because you're a designer doesn't mean you can't look a mess too. Still love her though.

No comments: