Friday, October 26, 2007

THE JUICE: EBONY QUITS TOP MODEL?

EBONY SAYS PEACE OUT ANTM.


Okay, i'm pretty sure all of my fellow ANTM addicts know what happened on last night's episode. Well, I was in the dark about who got the ax until a few minutes ago (I didnt get a chance to watch the TIVO'd episode - blame homework for that one!) And I learned this: On last night's ANTM episode Ebony Morgan decided to drop out of the competition. She ended up in the bottom two with Ambreal and Tyra chose to keep Ebony in the competition. However, after weeks of being picked apart in panel and being classifed as a "diva", Ebony made up in her mind that reality tv wasn't for her and she packed her bags. Oh boy, I must say I didn't see it coming even though Ebony wasn't one of my faves.

EXCLUSIVE POST SHOW INTERVIEW FROM BET.COM
Interview by : Stacy Gilliam, Bet.com contributing writer

No need to worry about Ebony Morgan. The 20-year-old Chicagoan is giggling today, and sounding hopeful about her future since calling it quits on "America's Next Top Model." How could she, you ask? Morgan gives us the deal, and shares more about herself than you got to see in this post-show interview.


That took real courage for you to leave the show the way you did. Do you have any regrets?
I don't really regret much of anything that I've done in my life. Reality TV isn't for everyone. It wasn't for me, so I decided to stay true and real to myself. That's what was right for me.

What are your career aspirations now?
I am a nursing student at Chicago State University. I'm in my 2nd year. I'm really excited about that. I'm still interested in modeling, but I don't know if I want to make a career out of it. If any opportunities are thrown to me than I'm defiintley going to go for it. I'm just not for reality TV shows.


What did you take away from the show?
I learned that family is so important. Before I left home, I was the most shallow, materitalistic person I knew. On the show, I was in a $15 million house in Beverly Hills, and I wasnt' happy. All I could think of was my family. I've learned that family is so important.

Do you think the editing of the show presented you in a truthful way?
I was more myself in the house than at panel. I was never comfortable on panel and I don't know why. I couldn't relax. I came off as cold and non-chalant. Or, as they said, "attitudish." When I watch the show, [my actions] are screaming out nervousness. The only time we saw Tyra was at panel. So when she saw me, I was nervous and fidgety.

Did you keep the Naomi Campbell weave?
Hahaha. No, I took that out. I put on my Tyra weave.


Your hair looked nice before the makeover.
That was a wig. I love my lace fronts.


Do you agree with Tyra and the judges that you have trouble handling criticism?
If the criticism was constructive, I would have handled it differently. It wasn't constructive. I felt like I was being attacked sometimes. After they'd say one good thing, there were 10 negative things after. I'm not used to being criticized, so it was dififcult. Also, when I'm down, I call my dad or my sister and I'm back up. I wasn't able to do that on the show.

Which photo shoot did you like most?
When I was the bird of paradise, with the paint. That was a lot of fun. The makeup artists were awesome. They were so creative.

What was Tyson Beckford like?
He was soo hot. I really wanted to meet him. When he came, I was making toast and I turned around he was there and and I screamed! He's cute, and he's really nice, too.


Which of the girls did you like most in the house?
Lisa and I were the closest. I liked Janet, too. Heather was pretty cool. All of the girls were wonderful.

Who did you like least?
There's no one that I disliked. During the semi-finals, Bianca and I went head to head. But in the house, we were all very cool.

Who do you think has the best chance of winning?
No one in particular. I think all the girls are wonderful. They all have great potential. To the girls, that don't win, I wish them well.

What style/fashionable clothes do you like to see on a man?
I love that Kanye West look. Button-up shirt, jeans not too baggy. It's like the intelligent, urban look. I also like a guy with really broad shoulders. I'm really into the football players. (Particularly, Adewale Ogunleye of the Chicago Bears, she says)

What advice do you have for aspiring models?
Stay in school, and keep your education first. Modeling is a fun career, but it can only last but so long. You should always have something to fall back on.

What was the best part of being on the show?
Being in a $15 million mansion in Beverly Hills. There were electronic curtains! They'd open up and close at a certain time.

Do you have a favorite Top Model?
I love Eva. She is just so fabulous to me. She's my favorite Top Model winner.

What do you want viewers to know about you?
That I am really sweet person. That I am not a quitter, but a person who realized that reality TV wasn't for me. I'm ambitious and a go-getter.

No comments: